20 years

Topics that can go away
Kuchigakatai

20 years

Post by Kuchigakatai »

I don't know if anyone noticed, but today is the 20th year anniversary of the board.

http://www.zompist.com/board/messages/5.html

It's been a while.
Pabappa

Re: 20 years

Post by Pabappa »

Tipwafwošub!
foot-stomp-REFL-1P.PLUR-IMP
Let's celebrate it!
Qwynegold

Post by Qwynegold »

Uttekkebūbōk!
Congratulations!
Vardelm

Post by Vardelm »

In Dwarven:

Harumph.
(No translation needed.)

:lol:

Actually, HUZZAH! That's pretty amazing, actually. Can't believe I've been around for about 12 years of that, but even 2000 was just yesterday, right? :?

Here's to another 20!
Vardelm's Scratchpad Table of Contents (Dwarven, Devani, Jin, & Yokai)
xxx

Post by xxx »

dooeheqvkaezo
us-with-whitening-hair
we are not getting any younger...
alice

Post by alice »

Ah, technology marcheth on,,, remember when everything was CGI?
Self-referential signatures are for people too boring to come up with more interesting alternatives.
So Haleza Grise

Post by So Haleza Grise »

Dvadec zonî ya e megua lengë! Nun am muďe bomî.
Yalensky

Post by Yalensky »

ke bešša masa santé!
And twenty years more!

How many iterations has the ZBB gone through in twenty years by the way? There's the current one, incatena.org before it, and the original board that Ser linked to. Any intervening iterations?
doctor shark

Post by doctor shark »

Yalensky wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:19 am ke bešša masa santé!
And twenty years more!

How many iterations has the ZBB gone through in twenty years by the way? There's the current one, incatena.org before it, and the original board that Ser linked to. Any intervening iterations?
I remember there was the Spinnwebe version, which is the one I joined in 2008 (...wait, 2008? [expletives]). Anyways, [throws large quantities of celebratory glitter in the air].
aka vampireshark
The other kind of doctor.
Perpetually in search of banknote subjects. Inquire within.
zompist
Site Admin

Post by zompist »

I'm pretty sure that's it. That is:

zompist.com/board
spinnoff.com/zbb/ (doesn't work)
incatena.org
verduria.org

Hmm, maybe I should resurrect the people picture from spinnoff...
sasasha

Post by sasasha »

Happy birthday ZBB!

This board has had a big impact on my life. It wouldn't be hyperbole to say that most of time it intellectually and creatively nourished me more deeply than school. My writing owes a lot to the ideas I was exposed to here as a teenager. I met some long-term friends here. I even talked about the ZBB in my university interviews. It made me feel that I fit somewhere, and gave me something to do when my family were all too literally at each other's throats.

When I was diagnosed with ADHD at 27 I reflected that the ZBB was a patient source of teaching in how to moderate myself and how to interact with others fairly.

I haven't been an active member for some years (until recently) but despite its saccharine tone I thought I would allow this one immoderate splurge of sentimentality.

Thanks all. :)
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

Wut this board is older than me.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť
Kuchigakatai

Post by Kuchigakatai »

zompist wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:21 amI'm pretty sure that's it. That is:

zompist.com/board
spinnoff.com/zbb/ (doesn't work)
incatena.org
verduria.org
You forgot zbb.spinnwebe.com. The changes are traceable on the Wikipedia article: the old phpBB forum dated to September 2002 (visible in your join date and the last dates of the Virtual Verduria board), so spinnoff was already in use when the article was created in May 2004, and then the spinnwebe update was made in October 2010, the incatena update in January 2012, and the verduria update in July 2018.
zompist
Site Admin

Post by zompist »

In terms of domains you're right. If I remember right, we managed to copy the installation over to spinnwebe.com so there was no discontinuity. (And when I say "we", I think Greg did it.)
Kuchigakatai

Post by Kuchigakatai »

Verduria was the first discontinuity. Incatena.org has data going back to spinoff from 2002, such as your join date.
xxx

Post by xxx »

sometimes I miss the solitary and silent, and perhaps deeper, work of the pre-internet period...
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

To think that this was originally for discussions of Almea and Verduria! That was why I originally joined it, although until fairly recently, I wasn't that much interested in linguistics, conlanging, or conworlds other than Almea. So within a few years, I had ended up as one of the earliest members of a board that was mostly about topics I wasn't that much interested in... That was one of the reasons why I left intermittently for a long time.