Esperanto of Cuisine

Topics that can go away
foxcatdog

Re: Esperanto of Cuisine

Post by foxcatdog »

Nachtswalbe wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:16 pm
zompist wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:10 pm
Nachtswalbe wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:03 pm Does that work as a base list?
Kinda sounds like you're reinventing Middle Eastern cuisine.

How about the Lojban of cuisine? Something characteristic of every culture, put together in such a way that three quarters of it looks like it's from another planet.
Something like "Flying Jacob" casserole which combines bananas, chicken breast, curry powder, cream, hot sauce, peanuts, Italian dressing and bacon?
sounds like it could be good except for the italian dressing
Raphael

Re: Esperanto of Cuisine

Post by Raphael »

masako wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:05 am
Raphael wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:02 am This reminds me, back when I was a very weird teenager on my way to becoming a very weird adult, I experimented a couple of times with eating sauerkraut with chopsticks.
If I had ever seen you do this in person, I'd've held you down and called for emergency mental health professionals.
Why, is it more unusual than making up invented fantasy languages? :P

Linguoboy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:14 am
Raphael wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:02 am This reminds me, back when I was a very weird teenager on my way to becoming a very weird adult, I experimented a couple of times with eating sauerkraut with chopsticks.
That makes sense to me, especially if you eat it directly from the jar. (I generally sauté or braise my sauerkraut before eating.) This is how my first boyfriend used to eat kimchi, which is essentially Korean sauerkraut.
I got the idea from the similarity, texture-wise, of sauerkraut to certain types of cooked noodles.