kårroť scratchpad (necroes still welcome)

Conworlds and conlangs
bradrn

Re: kårroť scratchpad (necroes still welcome)

Post by bradrn »

mèþru wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:12 pm I'll start off with the five most common nominative declensions. There are three genders - sapient, animate and inanimate.
Are you sure you didn’t mean ergative declensions? Unless you’re using nominative in a different sense than what I’m used to, this sure doesn’t look like a nominative–accusative system… Ergative conlangs are few and far between, so I’d be really interested in seeing this developed further!
Conlangs: Scratchpad | Texts | antilanguage
Software: See http://bradrn.com/projects.html
Other: Ergativity for Novices

(Why does phpBB not let me add >5 links here?)
Richard W

Post by Richard W »

bradrn wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:59 pm
mèþru wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:12 pm I'll start off with the five most common nominative declensions. There are three genders - sapient, animate and inanimate.
Are you sure you didn’t mean ergative declensions? Unless you’re using nominative in a different sense than what I’m used to, this sure doesn’t look like a nominative–accusative system… Ergative conlangs are few and far between, so I’d be really interested in seeing this developed further!
I suspect 'nominative' is a malapropism for 'nominal'.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

Oh, I'd missed some updates to the document.

This looks good so far, and I'd be glad to see more of it!

I'm not sure what to make of the <cg> clusters?
Also, how do the contrast between present imperfective and perfective work?
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

<cg> should only ever be part of <c> + <gn>, aka /kŋ/ and such a cluster would always be split between two syllables.

Yes, I did mean nominal declensions. Woops
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť