Civil War Alternate History (necroes welcome)

Conworlds and conlangs
mèþru

Re: Civil War Alternate History (necroes welcome)

Post by mèþru »

Now that I think about it, there's good reason for all the former protectorates to band together. Perhaps the Union of African States? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_African_States)
I found out that only two of the Communes actually were communes, so those are the only in the region. Dakar is the capital of the Union of African States.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

Apparently Dakar was already annexed to France, even though it wasn't one of the Communes. I guess it can be part of the Senegal region.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

Cayor does not join the united states (which I have now decided to call the Confederation of African States). Also, I've decided the confederation will be a supranational organisation instead of a nation-state.

I'm not sure what parts of Gabon and the RotC are protectorates and what parts are annexed. I also have no idea about how states would organise. I think the French, in general, are less active colonisers, which will result in a larger share of Africa being colonised by Germany, Leopold II and Portugal.
kårroť
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

I decided the events I had leading to Bismarck's resignation aren't realistic enough, so everything involving Europe and its colonies is back in the drawing board. I can't find crucial info and am frustrated all the time, so I'm going to put this project on indefinite hiatus.

Instead, I'm going to go back to conlangingp
kårroť
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

Just because I'm not working on it doesn't mean that the thread is closed. feel free to ask questions, answer problems I wrote or give other feedback.

I had an idea today that I wanted to write down: Grant runs for Illinois Representative at-large in 1870 under the IU ticket, but loses to John Logan. Looking in the meanwhile at vote totals in Illinois for Representative, the party split seems big enough to allow some Prohibition Party members to win seats in federal government.
kårroť
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

Trying to find someone to be Andrew Johnson's VP. They should be a northerner who joined the Independent Republicans. Carl Schurz is perfect but not born a citizen, Grant would be cool but I have other plans for him.
kårroť