Flaidish holidays and Irreanism

Almea and the Incatena
Civil War Bugle

Flaidish holidays and Irreanism

Post by Civil War Bugle »

Is the lack of rites, etc in Irreanism specifically a tenet of the religion, or more of a cultural practice of the Flaids which has been integrated into Irreanism, insofar as those poles might be distinct things?
zompist
Site Admin

Re: Flaidish holidays and Irreanism

Post by zompist »

Civil War Bugle wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:51 pm Is the lack of rites, etc in Irreanism specifically a tenet of the religion, or more of a cultural practice of the Flaids which has been integrated into Irreanism, insofar as those poles might be distinct things?
It's both. That is, the idea is congenial to flaids, who like celebrations but don't like turning them into obligations, and it's also defended by Irreanists (mostly in discussions about or with other faiths).
Civil War Bugle

What was the state of affairs regarding holidays during the times of Flaidish paganism, if you have any sense of it?
zompist
Site Admin

Post by zompist »

I have to think more about flaidish paganism! And probably a lot of other flaidish things.
Civil War Bugle

No problem, thanks. The non-humans are probably the thing I am looking forward to the most in the Almea+400 project and the Flaids are the ones I always had a soft spot for.