The Computer And General Tech Thread - Software, Hardware, Questions, etc.

Topics that can go away
bradrn

Re: The Computer And General Tech Thread - Software, Hardware, Questions, etc.

Post by bradrn »

My new SCA is coming along really well! I’ve just finished implementing the final bugfixes on Nortaneous’s suggestion:
Nortaneous wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:24 am I wish SCAs had some kind of "section declaration" feature - basically, you'd declare a section and then enumerate all characters possible at that stage of the language (probably by defining them in categories), and the SCA would, upon hitting a section boundary, forget all enumerations and categories defined in previous sections, and after reading the new enumerations and categories, throw an error if it's asked to apply a sound change to a word that contains an unfamiliar character. Another common source of bugs IME is just forgetting shit.
The semantics I eventually settled on were that new category declarations by default don’t erase old ones, with a special setting if you do want to forget previous categories; if an unknown character is found at a category declaration, it gets replaced with the ‘unknown character’ symbol �. Even though I’ve been using it for barely a day, this has already done wonders for the readability of my sound changes, so thanks for the suggestion! (This is why I like it when people give me feature requests. More from everyone, please!) Here’s a screenshot of it in action:

Also visible in the screenshot: syntax highlighting (surprisingly helpful!), multigraphs galore, pretty ‘report rules applied’ output, the Kleene star, and output highlighting control. All I have left to implement now is proper suprasegmental support, a paradigm builder and some improvements to the command-line interface, and possibly support for sporadic rules and MDF files, and I should be ready to release an initial version! (Admittedly, I’m still a bit unsure as to how I’m going to implement suprasegmentals, but I’m leaning towards a ‘floating diacritic’ approach à la Lexurgy.)

In unrelated news: Travis may be interested to know that I’ve started to play around with Forth a bit. Right now I’m just using gforth to follow through Brodie’s Starting Forth, but I found some Forths which run on an Arduino, and since I have one of those I’d like to have a go at basic embedded programming when I get some time.
Conlangs: Scratchpad | Texts | antilanguage
Software: See http://bradrn.com/projects.html
Other: Ergativity for Novices

(Why does phpBB not let me add >5 links here?)
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

bradrn wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:29 am In unrelated news: Travis may be interested to know that I’ve started to play around with Forth a bit. Right now I’m just using gforth to follow through Brodie’s Starting Forth, but I found some Forths which run on an Arduino, and since I have one of those I’d like to have a go at basic embedded programming when I get some time.
I know you have an Arduino, but the Atmega328p-based Arduinos are very dated hardware-wise, and Forths that run on them are limited as a result (e.g. they only support compiling to Flash and not to RAM, and the resources available to the user are limited).

I personally would recommend getting an STM32 DISCOVERY board and running Mecrisp-Stellaris on it - Mecrisp-Stellaris is very much a mature Forth that supports a wide range of Cortex-M microcontrollers and boards. (My own Cortex-M Forth only runs on the STM32F407, STM32L476, and STM32F746 DISCOVERY boards, and is not nearly as mature or stable.) Note that some of the newer STM32 DISCOVERY boards, such as the STM32F746 and STM32H745 DISCOVERY boards can be pretty pricey, but some of the older ones such as the STM32F407 DISCOVERY are much more reasonable. I would also avoid the L-series (e.g. the STM32L476) microcontrollers since they are known for being hard to configure clock-wise and slow (e.g. I after some effort managed to get the STM32L476 to use a clock of 72 MHz (80 MHz is the theoretical max, but due to other considerations it is not really feasible), whereas the STM32F407 easily clocks in at 168 MHz and the STM32F746 clocks in at 216 MHz).

One note is that there are what were (recently the prices have gone up) really cheap Chinese-made "Blue Pill" boards out there, which ostensibly run the STM32F103, but a large percentage of these actually run Chinese clone processors; even then, these boards are popular with certain sorts of people.

Another note is that gforth is a kitchen sink of Forths, and any embedded Forth, especially embedded Forths for smaller systems, will not be nearly as feature-rich. E.g. gforth supports things such as local variables and multiple different object systems, things that almost no embedded Forth will have.
Yaaludinuya siima d'at yiseka ha wohadetafa gaare.
Ennadinut'a gaare d'ate ha eetatadi siiman.
T'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa.
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

On that note, I have gotten my new Forth-based (rather than written in assembly) clock code working for the STM32F407, STM32L476, and the STM32F746, along with my random number generator code (which previously did not work for the STM32L476 due to clock setup issues). I will probably make a new release soon, but it is late today, so I'm not going to do it now.
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

Travis B. wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:09 pm
bradrn wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:29 am In unrelated news: Travis may be interested to know that I’ve started to play around with Forth a bit. Right now I’m just using gforth to follow through Brodie’s Starting Forth, but I found some Forths which run on an Arduino, and since I have one of those I’d like to have a go at basic embedded programming when I get some time.
I know you have an Arduino, but the Atmega328p-based Arduinos are very dated hardware-wise, and Forths that run on them are limited as a result (e.g. they only support compiling to Flash and not to RAM, and the resources available to the user are limited).

I personally would recommend getting an STM32 DISCOVERY board and running Mecrisp-Stellaris on it - Mecrisp-Stellaris is very much a mature Forth that supports a wide range of Cortex-M microcontrollers and boards.
Sure, but at this point I’m still very much in the ‘playing around’ stage; I just want to get a feel for how this works, and I’d rather not buy anything if I don’t need to. The Arduino also has the advantage that I’m already somewhat familiar with how it works and what it can do — and this is important to me, as someone with basically no experience in the field. (I barely know the difference between Flash and RAM!) But I will definitely look into getting a better board if I go much further than this.

(Mind you, this isn’t the first recommendation I’ve seen for Mecrisp… I’ll definitely have to look into it as some point!)
Another note is that gforth is a kitchen sink of Forths, and any embedded Forth, especially embedded Forths for smaller systems, will not be nearly as feature-rich. E.g. gforth supports things such as local variables and multiple different object systems, things that almost no embedded Forth will have.
Oh, I’m certainly aware of this. (I don’t even expect embedded systems to have a heap allocator!) I started off with gforth purely because it was the first actively maintained non-proprietary Forth I could find. I’m hardly even at a point yet where I could use those advanced features you mention — I’m still playing around with very basic operations which should be common to all Forths (‘add two numbers and print the result’ and so on).

(By the way, why would there even be any need for local variables in a Forth? Surely the stack, return stack and user dictionary would give enough places to store information?)

Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

bradrn wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:35 am (I barely know the difference between Flash and RAM!)
One thing to remember about flash versus RAM is that flash is for all practical intents and purposes permanent while RAM (of course) loses state when one power cycles the MCU, and flash wears out with successive writes, particularly if one is writing it very frequently, whereas RAM does not wear out. An Atmega328p Forth is limited to compiling to flash, so will inherently wear it out, whereas a Cortex-M Forth like Mecrisp-Stellaris or my zeptoforth which can compile to RAM allows one to play around with code in RAM without having to worry about flash wear before actually compiling code to flash for more permanent use.
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

Travis B. wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:15 pm
bradrn wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:35 am (I barely know the difference between Flash and RAM!)
One thing to remember about flash versus RAM is that flash is for all practical intents and purposes permanent while RAM (of course) loses state when one power cycles the MCU, and flash wears out with successive writes, particularly if one is writing it very frequently, whereas RAM does not wear out. An Atmega328p Forth is limited to compiling to flash, so will inherently wear it out, whereas a Cortex-M Forth like Mecrisp-Stellaris or my zeptoforth which can compile to RAM allows one to play around with code in RAM without having to worry about flash wear before actually compiling code to flash for more permanent use.
Thanks for the explanation! But it sounds like the ATmega328P is specified to allow 10000 cycles, which is more than enough for my purposes. (And if I do somehow wear out the flash, then, well, I guess I will have to buy another microcontroller!)

Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

And zeptoforth 0.16.0 is out! The main changes in this are that clock configuration has been moved out of the kernel and into the Forth "userland" (strictly speaking there is no kernel-userland distinction, but that is another matter), with the clock for the STM32L476 being upped to 72 MHz from 48 MHz, with the extra change that now the random number generator is included by default in all "big" builds and works even on the STM32L476 (which I had problems with due to clock issues previously).
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

bradrn wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:27 pm Thanks for the explanation! But it sounds like the ATmega328P is specified to allow 10000 cycles, which is more than enough for my purposes. (And if I do somehow wear out the flash, then, well, I guess I will have to buy another microcontroller!)
IIRC the STM32 MCU's are similar, and I flash mine enough times in some days that I worry that they'll actually wear out... (I try to do my testing in RAM, but some things can only really be done in flash.)
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

Travis B. wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:59 pm
bradrn wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:27 pm Thanks for the explanation! But it sounds like the ATmega328P is specified to allow 10000 cycles, which is more than enough for my purposes. (And if I do somehow wear out the flash, then, well, I guess I will have to buy another microcontroller!)
IIRC the STM32 MCU's are similar, and I flash mine enough times in some days that I worry that they'll actually wear out... (I try to do my testing in RAM, but some things can only really be done in flash.)
In that case, thanks for the warning! I doubt I’ll do anything ‘serious’ with Forth on the Arduino (it’s more a way for me to learn about electronics and microcontrollers), so from what you’re saying, it sounds like this won’t really be a problem for me. But if I do start to use it more seriously, then I’ll definitely look into getting that STM board you recommended.

Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

bradrn wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:49 am
Travis B. wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:59 pm
In that case, thanks for the warning! I doubt I’ll do anything ‘serious’ with Forth on the Arduino (it’s more a way for me to learn about electronics and microcontrollers), so from what you’re saying, it sounds like this won’t really be a problem for me. But if I do start to use it more seriously, then I’ll definitely look into getting that STM board you recommended.
Forth is absolutely wonderful for working with electronics and microcontrollers, as it provides a means of directly accessing hardware in a fashion which is interactive and extensible, which few other things provide (the only other things I can think of are traditional BASIC's, which are not nearly as capable, and microPython/CircuitPython and eLua, which won't run on smaller systems due their resource consumption and which are not good for realtime due to garbage collection).
Zju

Post by Zju »

I wish SCAs had some kind of "section declaration" feature - basically, you'd declare a section and then enumerate all characters possible at that stage of the language (probably by defining them in categories), and the SCA would, upon hitting a section boundary, forget all enumerations and categories defined in previous sections, and after reading the new enumerations and categories, throw an error if it's asked to apply a sound change to a word that contains an unfamiliar character. Another common source of bugs IME is just forgetting shit.
That should be easy enough to implement - I think I've already done it, if you count each descendant as section.
My new SCA is coming along really well!
Mind sharing it? What are its features?
/j/ <j>

Ɂaləɂahina asəkipaɂə ileku omkiroro salka.
Loɂ ɂerleku asəɂulŋusikraɂə seləɂahina əɂətlahɂun əiŋɂiɂŋa.
Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ.
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

Zju wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:48 pm
My new SCA is coming along really well!
Mind sharing it? What are its features?
Of course I don’t mind sharing it! But I’m rather swamped with uni work right now, so it might take a while to add the last few features before I can make an initial release.

Most of the features are shown in the screenshot, but the main ones are:
  • First-class multigraph support
  • Available as a GUI, on the command-line or as a Haskell library
  • On the GUI, gives you syntax highlighting (surprisingly useful!), control over output highlighting and a pretty ‘rules applied’ report
  • Suprasegmental support (still unimplemented, though I at least have a design for it)
  • A paradigm builder (only partially implemented)
Actually, now that I look at it, the core language is less innovative than I thought, but I find the combination of pervasive multigraphs plus a carefully-designed GUI is enough to make it feel very different to any other SCA I’ve used. (And a lot nicer, too.)

Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Pictured left: the UPS envelope in which the product arrived. Pictured center (somewhat to the right): the product's company's packaging. Pictured right: the actual product.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ye_04j ... sp=sharing

(Not pictured: the roughly 40,000-45,000 3.5 inch floppy disks it would have taken to store the same amount of data about 30 years ago.)
Vijay

Post by Vijay »

:lol: I bought something like that in Taiwan! It was ridiculous. I actually bought it at the shop, and it wasn't even what I was looking for. I was actually just looking for a USB.
Qwynegold

Post by Qwynegold »

Hi! I have a programming question about Lexique Pro again. In Lexique Pro you can add whatever languages you want for glossing and definitions. Separately from this, there is the language of the interface. There are a few languages you can choose from for the interface, but you can't add your own languages.

So my conlang is called Omni-kan, and I saw that there's a file called Omni-kan.lpConfig. (There's also a file called Omni-kan.lpConfig.bak with identical content, except for that there is a date inside the two files that is different.) The file Omni-kan.lpConfig contains a lot of translations for interface content, so I tried adding my own translations, but in the program I still can't change the interface language to one of my own languages (Japanese, Finnish, Swedish). It seems like there should be a line that defines what the possible interface languages are, but I can't find such a thing.

When I'm using the program and try to use Tools > Configure > Languages > Language properties and click on e.g. Japanese, there's a button called Translations. When I click this it gives me the option of defining what the abbreviation "Ja." should be called in other interface languages. The content looks like this:

Code: Select all

Interface in:	Abbreviation of 'Japanese'
English		Ja
		日
		Ja
		Ja
The first line looks okay, because English is one of the default interface languages. But for the other languages, the abbreviation that I defined in the file is there, but the name of the interface language is not displayed.

This is what the file looks like, now that I've made my changes to it. Lines of the type <form lang="ja">オムニ語</form> are my own additions (as are lines with "fi" and "sv").
More: show

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!-- Lexique Pro Configuration File -->
<!-- Language: Omni-kan -->
<!-- Database: Omni-kan.db -->
<!-- Last Changed:  -->

<lexiqueProConfig version="3.6" dateModified="2021-05-08T12:11:56">

<encoding type="UTF-8"/>

<writingSystems>

<!-- Main lexicon language -->

<writingSystem id="" type="main" enabled="true">
   <displayNames>
    <form lang="en">Omni-kan</form>
    <form lang="ja">オムニ語</form>
    <form lang="fi">omni-kan</form>
    <form lang="sv">omnikanska</form>
   </displayNames>

<sortOrder type="simple">
    <sortLine>A a</sortLine>
    <sortLine>B b</sortLine>
    <sortLine>C c</sortLine>
    <sortLine>D d</sortLine>
    <sortLine>E e</sortLine>
    <sortLine>F f</sortLine>
    <sortLine>G g</sortLine>
    <sortLine>H h</sortLine>
    <sortLine>I i</sortLine>
    <sortLine>J j</sortLine>
    <sortLine>K k</sortLine>
    <sortLine>L l</sortLine>
    <sortLine>M m</sortLine>
    <sortLine>N n</sortLine>
    <sortLine>O o</sortLine>
    <sortLine>P p</sortLine>
    <sortLine>Q q</sortLine>
    <sortLine>R r</sortLine>
    <sortLine>S s</sortLine>
    <sortLine>T t</sortLine>
    <sortLine>U u</sortLine>
    <sortLine>V v</sortLine>
    <sortLine>W w</sortLine>
    <sortLine>X x</sortLine>
    <sortLine>Y y</sortLine>
    <sortLine>Z z</sortLine>
   </sortOrder>

<trait name="IsSortNeeded" value="true"/>
   <trait name="SortFromEnd" value="false"/>
   <trait name="HasPartOfSpeechIndex" value="true"/>

<ignoreChars>-</ignoreChars>
   <ignoreSpaces ignore="false"/>

<alphabet display="true">a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z</alphabet>
   <alphaButtons display="true" width="23" height="17">
    <alphaButtonsAlphabet></alphaButtonsAlphabet>
   </alphaButtons>
   <alphaSelect selectby="lx"/>

<inputButtons display="true" width="23" height="17">
    <inputButtonsAlphabet></inputButtonsAlphabet>
   </inputButtons>

<textDirection dir="LTR"/>

<defaultFontName>Lucida Sans Unicode</defaultFontName>
  </writingSystem>

<!-- Languages used for glosses, definitions, translations -->

<writingSystem id="en" type="gloss" enabled="true">
   <displayNames>
    <form lang="en">English</form>
    <form lang="fr">anglais</form>
    <form lang="es">Inglés</form>
    <form lang="pt">Inglês</form>
    <form lang="bg">английски</form>
    <form lang="rw">Icyongereza</form>
    <form lang="id">Bahasa Inggris</form>
    <form lang="zh-CHT">英文</form>
    <form lang="zh-CHS">英文</form>
    <form lang="km">អង់គ្លេស</form>
    <form lang="ja">英語</form>
    <form lang="fi">englanti</form>
    <form lang="sv">engelska</form>
   </displayNames>

<abbrev>
    <form lang="en">En</form>
    <form lang="jp">英</form>
    <form lang="fi">En</form>
    <form lang="sv">En</form>
   </abbrev>

<markerChar>e</markerChar>

<trait name="IsDisplayedWithLabel" value="true"/>
   <trait name="IsIndexed" value="true"/>

<lowerCase>a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z</lowerCase>
   <upperCase>A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z</upperCase>
   <caseAssociations>
    <caseLine>A a</caseLine>
    <caseLine>B b</caseLine>
    <caseLine>C c</caseLine>
    <caseLine>D d</caseLine>
    <caseLine>E e</caseLine>
    <caseLine>F f</caseLine>
    <caseLine>G g</caseLine>
    <caseLine>H h</caseLine>
    <caseLine>I i</caseLine>
    <caseLine>J j</caseLine>
    <caseLine>K k</caseLine>
    <caseLine>L l</caseLine>
    <caseLine>M m</caseLine>
    <caseLine>N n</caseLine>
    <caseLine>O o</caseLine>
    <caseLine>P p</caseLine>
    <caseLine>Q q</caseLine>
    <caseLine>R r</caseLine>
    <caseLine>S s</caseLine>
    <caseLine>T t</caseLine>
    <caseLine>U u</caseLine>
    <caseLine>V v</caseLine>
    <caseLine>W w</caseLine>
    <caseLine>X x</caseLine>
    <caseLine>Y y</caseLine>
    <caseLine>Z z</caseLine>
   </caseAssociations>

<sortOrder type="icu-locale"/>

<ignoreChars></ignoreChars>

<inputButtons display="false" width="23" height="17">
    <inputButtonsAlphabet></inputButtonsAlphabet>
   </inputButtons>

<defaultFontName></defaultFontName>
  </writingSystem>

<writingSystem id="ja" type="gloss" enabled="true">
   <displayNames>
    <form lang="en">Japanese</form>
    <form lang="ja">日本語</form>
    <form lang="fi">japani</form>
    <form lang="sv">japanska</form>
   </displayNames>

<abbrev>
    <form lang="en">Ja</form>
    <form lang="ja">日</form>
    <form lang="fi">Ja</form>
    <form lang="sv">Ja</form>
   </abbrev>

<markerChar>j</markerChar>

<inputButtonsAlphabet>;</inputButtonsAlphabet>
   </inputButtons>

<keyboard id="1041" name="Japanska (Japan)"/>

</writingSystem>

<writingSystem id="fi" type="gloss" enabled="true">
   <displayNames>
    <form lang="en">Finnish</form>
    <form lang="ja">フィンランド語</form>
    <form lang="fi">suomi</form>
    <form lang="sv">finska</form>
   </displayNames>

<abbrev>
    <form lang="en">Fi</form>
    <form lang="ja">芬</form>
    <form lang="fi">S</form>
    <form lang="sv">Fi</form>
   </abbrev>

<markerChar>f</markerChar>

<inputButtonsAlphabet>Ä ä Ö ö</inputButtonsAlphabet>
   </inputButtons>

<keyboard id="1053" name="Svenska (Sverige)"/>

</writingSystem>

<writingSystem id="sv" type="gloss" enabled="true">
   <displayNames>
    <form lang="en">Swedish</form>
    <form lang="ja">スウェーデン語</form>
    <form lang="fi">ruotsi</form>
    <form lang="sv">svenska</form>
   </displayNames>

<abbrev>
    <form lang="en">Swe</form>
    <form lang="ja">瑞</form>
    <form lang="fi">Rts</form>
    <form lang="sv">Sv</form>
   </abbrev>

<markerChar>s</markerChar>

<inputButtonsAlphabet>Å å Ä ä Ö ö</inputButtonsAlphabet>
   </inputButtons>

</writingSystem>
 </writingSystems>

<!-- Formatting styles, fonts and labels -->
 <formatting>
  <format type="list" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Lucida Sans Unicode</name>
     <size>10</size>
     <style bold="false" italic="false" underline="false" />
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="list-title" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>9</size>
     <style bold="true" italic="false" underline="false" />
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="input-box" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="alpha-buttons" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <size>8</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="input-buttons" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <size>8</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="entry-name" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>16</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <trait name="link-style" value="none"/>
   <trait name="label-style" value="none"/>
  </format>

<format type="sub-entry" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>13</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="example" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>purple</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>purple</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="lexical-function" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>maroon</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>maroon</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <trait name="link-style" value="entry"/>
   <trait name="label-style" value="same"/>
  </format>

<format type="morph" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>green</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Morph:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Morph. :</form>
     <form lang="es">Morf. :</form>
     <form lang="pt">Morf. :</form>
     <form lang="bg">Морфология:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Teg.:</form>
     <form lang="id">Morf:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">形態</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">形态</form>
     <form lang="km">សណ្ឋាន៖</form>
     <form lang="ja">形態論</form>
     <form lang="fi">Morf.:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Morf.:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>green</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <trait name="link-style" value="morphology"/>
  </format>

<format type="cross-ref" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>teal</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">See:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Voir :</form>
     <form lang="es">Ver :</form>
     <form lang="pt">Ver :</form>
     <form lang="bg">Вж.:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Reba:</form>
     <form lang="id">Lihat: </form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">檢視</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">查看</form>
     <form lang="km">មើល៖</form>
     <form lang="ja">参照</form>
     <form lang="fi">Ks.</form>
     <form lang="sv">Se:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>teal</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="main-cross-ref" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">See main entry:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Voir entrée principale :</form>
     <form lang="es">Ver entrada principal :</form>
     <form lang="pt">Ver entrada principal :</form>
     <form lang="bg">Вж. главната статия:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Reba umwinjizo w'ingenzi:</form>
     <form lang="id">Lihat entri utama:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">檢視主要詞條標記</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">查看主要词条标记</form>
     <form lang="km">មើល​មេ​ពាក្យ៖</form>
     <form lang="ja">親見出し参照</form>
     <form lang="fi">Katso hakusana:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Se huvudord:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="paradigm" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="variant" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Variant:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Variante :</form>
     <form lang="es">Variante :</form>
     <form lang="pt">Variante :</form>
     <form lang="bg">Вариант:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Ukundi yandikwa:</form>
     <form lang="id">Varian: </form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">變化形</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">变化型</form>
     <form lang="km">ក្លាយ៖</form>
     <form lang="ja">変種</form>
     <form lang="fi">Rinnakkaismuoto:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Variant:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="encyc" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="gloss" lang="Omni-kan">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="part-of-speech">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <name>Times New Roman</name>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>green</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <style bold="false" italic="true" underline="false" />
     <color>green</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="phonetic">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="label">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="language-label">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>8</size>
     <color>green</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>7</size>
     <color>green</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="reference">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>8</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>7</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="scientific">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <style bold="false" italic="true" underline="true" />
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <style bold="false" italic="true" underline="true" />
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <trait name="link-style" value="google"/>
  </format>

<format type="borrowed-word">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">From:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Source :</form>
     <form lang="es">Del :</form>
     <form lang="pt">De :</form>
     <form lang="bg">От:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Ryatiriwe ku:</form>
     <form lang="id">Dari: </form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">從</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">从</form>
     <form lang="km">ពី៖</form>
     <form lang="ja">元</form>
     <form lang="fi">Alkuperä:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Från:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="etymology">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Etym:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Etym :</form>
     <form lang="es">Etim :</form>
     <form lang="pt">Etim. :</form>
     <form lang="bg">Етимология:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Kmk.:</form>
     <form lang="id">Etim:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">語源</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">语源</form>
     <form lang="km">កំណើត​ពាក្យ៖</form>
     <form lang="ja">語源</form>
     <form lang="fi">Etym.:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Etym.:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="category">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>purple</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Category:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Catégorie :</form>
     <form lang="es">Categoría :</form>
     <form lang="pt">Categoria :</form>
     <form lang="bg">Категория:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Icyiciro:</form>
     <form lang="id">Kategori:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">範疇歸類</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">范畴归类</form>
     <form lang="km">ជំពូក៖</form>
     <form lang="ja">範疇</form>
     <form lang="fi">Kategoria:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Kategori:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>purple</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="category-index">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>purple</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="category-description">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

The text was too long for the forum, so the next half comes in the next post...
Is there anyone who can figure this out, and could help me with adding my own interface languages?
Qwynegold

Post by Qwynegold »

Continuation of the previous...
More: show

<format type="homonym-index">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>8</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>8</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="notes" tag="anthropology">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Anth:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Anth:</form>
     <form lang="es">Anth:</form>
     <form lang="pt">Anth:</form>
     <form lang="bg">Anth:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Anth:</form>
     <form lang="id">Anth:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">Anth:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">Anth:</form>
     <form lang="km">Anth:</form>
     <form lang="ja">人類学</form>
     <form lang="fi">Antr.:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Antr.:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="notes" tag="discourse">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Disc:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Disc:</form>
     <form lang="es">Disc:</form>
     <form lang="pt">Disc:</form>
     <form lang="bg">Disc:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Disc:</form>
     <form lang="id">Disc:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">Disc:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">Disc:</form>
     <form lang="km">Disc:</form>
     <form lang="ja">言述</form>
     <form lang="fi">Disk.:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Disk.:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="notes" tag="grammar">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Gram:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Gram:</form>
     <form lang="es">Gram:</form>
     <form lang="pt">Gram:</form>
     <form lang="bg">Gram:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Gram:</form>
     <form lang="id">Gram:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">Gram:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">Gram:</form>
     <form lang="km">Gram:</form>
     <form lang="ja">文法</form>
     <form lang="fi">Gram.:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Gram.:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="notes" tag="phonology">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Phon:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Phon:</form>
     <form lang="es">Phon:</form>
     <form lang="pt">Phon:</form>
     <form lang="bg">Phon:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Phon:</form>
     <form lang="id">Phon:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">Phon:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">Phon:</form>
     <form lang="km">Phon:</form>
     <form lang="ja">音韻論</form>
     <form lang="fi">Fon.:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Fon.:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="notes" tag="questions">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Ques:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Ques:</form>
     <form lang="es">Ques:</form>
     <form lang="pt">Ques:</form>
     <form lang="bg">Ques:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Ques:</form>
     <form lang="id">Ques:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">Ques:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">Ques:</form>
     <form lang="km">Ques:</form>
     <form lang="ja">質問</form>
     <form lang="fi">Kys.:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Frågor:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="notes" tag="sociolinguistics">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Socio:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Socio:</form>
     <form lang="es">Socio:</form>
     <form lang="pt">Socio:</form>
     <form lang="bg">Socio:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Socio:</form>
     <form lang="id">Socio:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">Socio:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">Socio:</form>
     <form lang="km">Socio:</form>
     <form lang="ja">社会言語学</form>
     <form lang="fi">Sosiol.:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Sociol.:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="notes" tag="general">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
    <label>
     <form lang="en">Note:</form>
     <form lang="fr">Note :</form>
     <form lang="es">Note:</form>
     <form lang="pt">Note:</form>
     <form lang="bg">Бележка:</form>
     <form lang="rw">Icyitonderwa:</form>
     <form lang="id">Catatan:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHT">Note:</form>
     <form lang="zh-CHS">Note:</form>
     <form lang="km">ចំណាំ៖</form>
     <form lang="ja">メモ</form>
     <form lang="fi">Merk.:</form>
     <form lang="sv">Not.:</form>
    </label>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="user-style" tag="fv">
   <trait name="user-style-type" value="MDF"/>
   <description>Vernacular Font</description>
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="user-style" tag="fe">
   <description>English Font</description>
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="user-style" tag="fn">
   <description>National Font</description>
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="user-style" tag="fr">
   <description>Regional Font</description>
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="list" lang="en">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="list-title" lang="en">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="input-box" lang="en">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="input-buttons" lang="en">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>8</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="gloss" lang="en">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="encyc" lang="en">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="title" lang="en">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <size>16</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="list" lang="ja">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Yu Gothic UI</name>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="list-title" lang="ja">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="input-box" lang="ja">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="input-buttons" lang="ja">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>8</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="gloss" lang="ja">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>12</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="encyc" lang="ja">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <name>Meiryo</name>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <name>Yu Mincho</name>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="title" lang="ja">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Yu Gothic</name>
     <size>16</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="list" lang="fi">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="list-title" lang="fi">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="input-box" lang="fi">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="input-buttons" lang="fi">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>8</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="gloss" lang="fi">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>blue</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>blue</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="encyc" lang="fi">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>blue</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>blue</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="title" lang="fi">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <size>16</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="list" lang="sv">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="list-title" lang="sv">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>9</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="input-box" lang="sv">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="input-buttons" lang="sv">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <name>Arial</name>
     <size>8</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="gloss" lang="sv">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>11</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="encyc" lang="sv">
   <view type="single">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
   <view type="multiple">
    <font>
     <size>10</size>
     <color>navy</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

<format type="title" lang="sv">
   <view type="interface">
    <font>
     <size>16</size>
     <color>black</color>
    </font>
   </view>
  </format>

</formatting>

<fieldFormatting>
  <fieldFormat area="part-of-speech" case="same"/>
  <fieldFormat area="phonetic" style="3" dir="LTR"/>
  <fieldFormat area="example-gloss" style="0"/>
  <fieldFormat area="reference" style="3" position="before"/>
 </fieldFormatting>

<multiEntryView>
  <displayItem name="Examples" display="false"/>
  <displayItem name="ScientificName" display="false"/>
  <displayItem name="LexFunctions" display="false"/>
  <displayItem name="Paradigms" display="false"/>
  <displayItem name="EncycInfo" display="false"/>
  <displayItem name="CrossRefs" display="false"/>
  <displayItem name="Phonetic" display="false"/>
  <displayItem name="Category" display="false"/>
 </multiEntryView>

<permissions>
  <permission area="ChangeConfig" allow="true"/>
  <permission area="Distribute" allow="true"/>
  <permission area="Edit" allow="true"/>
  <permission area="Open" allow="true"/>
  <permission area="Close" allow="true"/>
  <permission area="Print" allow="true"/>
  <permission area="ExportToWord" allow="true"/>
  <permission area="ExportToWeb" allow="true"/>
 </permissions>

<!-- Field marker definitions -->
 <fieldMarkers>
  <fieldMarker type="Lexeme" enabled="true">lx</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Homonym Number" enabled="true">hm</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Citation Form" enabled="true">lc</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Phonetic Form" enabled="true">ph</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="CV Pattern" enabled="true">cv</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Sub Entry" enabled="true">se</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Part Of Speech" lang="English" enabled="true">ps</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Part Of Speech" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">psj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Part Of Speech" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">psf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Part Of Speech" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">pss</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Sense Number" enabled="true">sn</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Gloss" lang="English" enabled="true">ge</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Gloss" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">gj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Gloss" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">gf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Gloss" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">gs</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Definition" lang="English" enabled="true">de</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Definition" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">dj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Definition" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">df</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Definition" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">ds</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Reversal" lang="English" enabled="true">re</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Reversal" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">rj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Reversal" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">rfi</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Reversal" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">rs</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Example" enabled="true">xv</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Example Reference" enabled="true">rf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Example Gloss" lang="English" enabled="true">xe</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Example Gloss" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">xj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Example Gloss" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">xf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Example Gloss" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">xs</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Paradigm Label" enabled="true">pdl</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Paradigm Form" enabled="true">pdv</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Paradigm Gloss" lang="English" enabled="true">pde</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Paradigm Gloss" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">pdj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Paradigm Gloss" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">pdf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Paradigm Gloss" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">pds</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Plural Form" enabled="true">pl</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Singular Form" enabled="true">sg</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Literal Meaning" lang="English" enabled="true">lt</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Literal Meaning" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">ltj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Literal Meaning" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">ltf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Literal Meaning" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">lts</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Scientific Name" enabled="true">sc</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Lexical Function" enabled="true">lf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Lexical Function Value" enabled="true">lv</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Lexical Function Gloss" lang="English" enabled="true">le</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Lexical Function Gloss" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">lj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Lexical Function Gloss" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">lfi</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Lexical Function Gloss" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">ls</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Usage" lang="Omni-kan" enabled="true">uv</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Usage" lang="English" enabled="true">ue</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Usage" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">uj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Usage" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">uf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Usage" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">us</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Encyclopedic Information" lang="Omni-kan" enabled="true">ev</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Encyclopedic Information" lang="English" enabled="true">ee</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Encyclopedic Information" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">ej</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Encyclopedic Information" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">ef</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Encyclopedic Information" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">esv</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Only/Restrictions" lang="Omni-kan" enabled="true">ov</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Only/Restrictions" lang="English" enabled="true">oe</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Only/Restrictions" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">oj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Only/Restrictions" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">of</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Only/Restrictions" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">os</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Synonym" enabled="true">sy</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Antonym" enabled="true">an</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Morphology" enabled="true">mr</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Cross Reference" enabled="true">cf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Cross Reference Gloss" lang="English" enabled="true">ce</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Cross Reference Gloss" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">cj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Cross Reference Gloss" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">cfi</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Cross Reference Gloss" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">cs</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Main Entry Cross Reference" enabled="true">mn</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Variant Form" enabled="true">va</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Variant Comment" lang="English" enabled="true">ve</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Variant Comment" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">vj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Variant Comment" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">vf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Variant Comment" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">vs</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Borrowed Word" enabled="true">bw</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Etymology" enabled="true">et</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Etymology Gloss" lang="Omni-kan" enabled="true">eg</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Semantic Domain" enabled="true">sd</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Index of Semantics" enabled="true">is</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Academic Domain" enabled="true">ac</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Bibliography" enabled="true">bb</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Picture" enabled="true">pc</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Sound (main word)" enabled="true">sf</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Sound (in context)" enabled="true">sfx</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Attached File" enabled="true">ff</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Attached File Caption" lang="Omni-kan" enabled="true">fv</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Attached File Caption" lang="English" enabled="true">fe</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Attached File Caption" lang="Japanese" enabled="true">fj</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Attached File Caption" lang="Finnish" enabled="true">ffi</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Attached File Caption" lang="Swedish" enabled="true">fs</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Attached File Picture" enabled="true">fp</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Notes (anthropology)" enabled="true">na</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Notes (discourse)" enabled="true">nd</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Notes (grammar)" enabled="true">ng</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Notes (phonology)" enabled="true">np</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Notes (questions)" enabled="true">nq</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Notes (sociolinguistics)" enabled="true">ns</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Notes (general)" enabled="true">nt</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Date" enabled="true">dt</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Third dual" enabled="true">3d</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Third plural" enabled="true">3p</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Third singular" enabled="true">3s</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Non-animate dual" enabled="true">4d</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Non-animate plural" enabled="true">4p</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Non-animate singular" enabled="true">4s</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="First dual" enabled="true">1d</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="First plural exclusive" enabled="true">1e</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="First plural inclusive" enabled="true">1i</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="First plural" enabled="true">1p</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="First singular" enabled="true">1s</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Second dual" enabled="true">2d</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Second plural" enabled="true">2p</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Second singular" enabled="true">2s</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Gloss" lang="Omni-kan" enabled="true">gv</fieldMarker>
  <fieldMarker type="Definition" lang="Omni-kan" enabled="true">dv</fieldMarker>
 </fieldMarkers>

<!-- Template to use when adding a new record -->
 <template>
  <templateLine>\lx </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\ps </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\psj </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\psf</templateLine>
  <templateLine>\pss</templateLine>
  <templateLine>\sn</templateLine>
  <templateLine></templateLine>
  <templateLine>\ge </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\de</templateLine>
  <templateLine>\gj </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\dj </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\gf</templateLine>
  <templateLine>\df </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\gs</templateLine>
  <templateLine>\ds </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\xv </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\xe </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\xj</templateLine>
  <templateLine>\xf </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\xs </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\bw </templateLine>
  <templateLine>\dt </templateLine>
 </template>

<categories visible="false" style="user">
 </categories>

<aboutDir>C:\Users\Markus Nurmimäki\Documents\Conlangs\Omni-kan\Dictionary_homepage</aboutDir>

<homePage>
  <topImage display="true">C:\Program Files (x86)\SIL\Lexique Pro\Display\homebanner1.jpg</topImage>
  <bottomImage display="true">C:\Program Files (x86)\SIL\Lexique Pro\Display\homebanner2.jpg</bottomImage>
 </homePage>

</lexiqueProConfig>
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

Don’t have time to look at this properly just right now (so apologies if I’m completely misunderstanding your problem), but have you tried the menu entry ‘View → Change Interface Language’ yet?

Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

I wrote an implementation of Conway's Game of Life which runs on zeptoforth that uses sixels (available with xterm -ti 340 and mlterm) for graphical display.

bradrn

Post by bradrn »

What a coincidence! I’ve also been writing a GoL implementation as my first Forth project. It’s been tricky, but in an interesting way. GoL was also my first Haskell project, and I’ve since written a more general cellular automaton simulator as well. (It’s not at a releasable stage yet, even after ~3 years of on-and-off work, but I’m sure I’ll get around to it one day…)

Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

bradrn wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:20 am What a coincidence! I’ve also been writing a GoL implementation as my first Forth project. It’s been tricky, but in an interesting way. GoL was also my first Haskell project, and I’ve since written a more general cellular automaton simulator as well. (It’s not at a releasable stage yet, even after ~3 years of on-and-off work, but I’m sure I’ll get around to it one day…)
As you must know, GoL-specific implementations can be more tightly optimized. One note though is that there is a trade-off between memory and speed; e.g. the fastest GoL implementations (i.e. hashlife) are less memory-efficient, while the most memory-efficient GoL implementations (i.e. one bit per cell) are slower.