Venting thread

Topics that can go away
foxcatdog

Re: Venting thread

Post by foxcatdog »

I am now in my worst bout of vomit induced manual breathing ever.

I now feel like i will drown if i don't control my breathing to the tee.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

foxcatdog wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:21 am I am now in my worst bout of vomit induced manual breathing ever.

AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! That's really, very, extremely bad! So sorry to hear that! Here's hoping that things somehow get better, and, most importantly, that nothing worse happens to you! All the best of luck!
foxcatdog

Post by foxcatdog »

Raphael wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:18 am
foxcatdog wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:21 am I am now in my worst bout of vomit induced manual breathing ever.

AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! That's really, very, extremely bad! So sorry to hear that! Here's hoping that things somehow get better, and, most importantly, that nothing worse happens to you! All the best of luck!
It's all psychological. I played 2 games of lol and was mostly fine and able to sleep. You just got to ignore it (besides the vomiting part).
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Last night, before I fell asleep, I felt a fairly strong bout of self-pity. I've occasionally felt depressed recently, but I think I haven't felt real self-pity in quite a while. This is annoying.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

There are way too many thrips at my place right now.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I know people who place a high importance on what they see as healthy eating, but who seem to see basically all food except that served by fast food chains as healthy.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

Raphael wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:21 pm There are way too many thrips at my place right now.
Oh god these bugs are annoying.
Raphael wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:22 pm I know people who place a high importance on what they see as healthy eating, but who seem to see basically all food except that served by fast food chains as healthy.
Heh. And some people get all sorts of weird prejudices about food and think it's healthy eating. For some reason, fasting has been fashionable for some time now.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Raphael wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:21 pm There are way too many thrips at my place right now.
Update: they're getting really out of hands now. Any ideas?
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

Raphael wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:31 am
Kill them with fire.
Yaaludinuya siima d'at yiseka ha wohadetafa gaare.
Ennadinut'a gaare d'ate ha eetatadi siiman.
T'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I'm afraid burning down the place is not an option.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

Raphael wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:31 am
I think they'll die as soon as the temperature drops, which should be any time now. Then those damn annoying craneflies will come out!
Last edited by Ares Land on Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Oh, I'll take crane flies over thrips any day.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

I learned they're essential to pollination, if it's any consolation.
MacAnDàil

Post by MacAnDàil »

Raphael wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:22 pm I know people who place a high importance on what they see as healthy eating, but who seem to see basically all food except that served by fast food chains as healthy.
Well, fast food chains are problematic in terms of wealth distribution, global diversity of offer and other problems as well as health, so it's not too bad as far as I'm concerned.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

MacAnDàil wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:23 amWell, fast food chains are problematic in terms of wealth distribution, global diversity of offer and other problems as well as health, so it's not too bad as far as I'm concerned.
True enough, but the same goes, even if to a lesser extent, for supermarket chains, too.
MacAnDàil

Post by MacAnDàil »

Raphael wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:29 am
MacAnDàil wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:23 amWell, fast food chains are problematic in terms of wealth distribution, global diversity of offer and other problems as well as health, so it's not too bad as far as I'm concerned.
True enough, but the same goes, even if to a lesser extent, for supermarket chains, too.
Indeed. Two differences which I note offhand: health concerns may be less (or more) to supermarket chains as they stock a variety of (often recalled) food. And, for the same reason, supermarket chains have more of a monopoly. Which means that, even worse is that supermarket chains are sometimes now losing out to an even bigger villain: Amazon.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

In my experience, there's a noticeable amount of class prejudice surrounding fast food. You know: the proles insist on eating fast food that makes them fat instead of dining on overpriced Buddha bowls or spending their Sundays batch cooking like normal people.
MacAnDàil wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:40 am Which means that, even worse is that supermarket chains are sometimes now losing out to an even bigger villain: Amazon.
That's why I'm not that bothered by Amazon. The businesses that really lose out to Amazon are huge supermarket chains that are worse under all respects.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ares Land wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:28 am In my experience, there's a noticeable amount of class prejudice surrounding fast food. You know: the proles insist on eating fast food that makes them fat instead of dining on overpriced Buddha bowls or spending their Sundays batch cooking like normal people.
True enough. But I'd say there are limits to how low-income you can get and still eat a lot of fast food. I don't know how it's elsewhere, but where I live, the food at fast food chains, while cheaper than at regular restaurants, is still a good deal more expensive than the cheapest supermarket food. I don't think I could afford to eat at McDonald's every day, for instance.
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

1. I have Crohn’s and wear absorbent underwear in case of emergencies. Said undergarments triggered the detector at Boston Logan and I had to be patted down in uncomfortable locations.

2. For some reason my college cult days are bothering me again. The one guy who’s really active on social media isn’t doing me any favors. I’ve blocked him on both Twitter and Facebook, but he is low-key causing me a religious and mental health crisis. I had one mental breakdown already (and ended up in the cult); I would much disprefer to undergo a second.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Good luck, Man in Space.