Happy things thread!

Topics that can go away
Ares Land

Re: Happy things thread!

Post by Ares Land »

doctor shark wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:34 pm
Thanks! I'm especially proud of the fact that three of my M.Sc. thesis students are coauthors.
Congratulations!
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

There were a lot of dishes to do today. And now they're all clean.
sasasha

Post by sasasha »

I’ve had a bit of a mad few weeks, but much of it lovely. A friend from primary school got married, which was great. At the wedding there was a family friend of hers, whom I had met a fair few times during childhood, a work-friend of her dad I think, who used to visit them from Japan. I was surprised that he remembered me and particularly that I liked foxes (as a teenager I was studying Japanese and had written a haiku about a little fox walking on melting ice, which I remember showing to him). It turned out he was shortly due to stay with another friend of his who happens to live in the same part of the country as me. Long story short he’s coming for dinner tonight and I’m attempting to tidy up and make okonomiyaki! Excited, if rather nervous!!
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

sasasha wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:40 am I’ve had a bit of a mad few weeks, but much of it lovely. A friend from primary school got married, which was great. At the wedding there was a family friend of hers, whom I had met a fair few times during childhood, a work-friend of her dad I think, who used to visit them from Japan. I was surprised that he remembered me and particularly that I liked foxes (as a teenager I was studying Japanese and had written a haiku about a little fox walking on melting ice, which I remember showing to him). It turned out he was shortly due to stay with another friend of his who happens to live in the same part of the country as me. Long story short he’s coming for dinner tonight and I’m attempting to tidy up and make okonomiyaki! Excited, if rather nervous!!
That's lovely indeed; I'm happy for you.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ares Land wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:11 am
sasasha wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:40 am I’ve had a bit of a mad few weeks, but much of it lovely. A friend from primary school got married, which was great. At the wedding there was a family friend of hers, whom I had met a fair few times during childhood, a work-friend of her dad I think, who used to visit them from Japan. I was surprised that he remembered me and particularly that I liked foxes (as a teenager I was studying Japanese and had written a haiku about a little fox walking on melting ice, which I remember showing to him). It turned out he was shortly due to stay with another friend of his who happens to live in the same part of the country as me. Long story short he’s coming for dinner tonight and I’m attempting to tidy up and make okonomiyaki! Excited, if rather nervous!!
That's lovely indeed; I'm happy for you.
Same.