United States Politics Thread 46

Topics that can go away
rotting bones

Re: United States Politics Thread 46

Post by rotting bones »

Travis B. wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:11 pm On that count anything that is a "distraction" from teh Cause ought to be deprecated, including things like conlanging.
I have said before that Badiou thinks people touch the absolute through science, politics, art and love.

I don't think that comprehensive or necessarily true, but it's closer to a statement of the meaning of life than anything I've seen in religious texts. I honestly don't see what people find valuable in most religious texts. It's all a bunch of bullshit symbolism. Why study that when there is so much meaningful symbolism in Computer Science?

People who are interested in the meaning of life should research the P=NP problem.
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

Computer science is a source of universal truth in a way that no religion is. For instance the proof that there is a large set of problems that simply cannot be solved in all cases, e.g. anything equivalent to the halting problem.
Yaaludinuya siima d'at yiseka ha wohadetafa gaare.
Ennadinut'a gaare d'ate ha eetatadi siiman.
T'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa.
xxx

Post by xxx »

art is the opposite of a distraction,
it's an individual way of understanding the world...

Marxism is a millennialism that led to totalitarianism,
the worst defect of a religion when it forgets human for dogma...

computer science is the absolute distraction
of abandoning one's humanity to automatic processing
for a totalitarianism without humanity...
Last edited by xxx on Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Richard W

Post by Richard W »

bradrn wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:47 am
Travis B. wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:36 am xxx: On another note, can you write, well, like the rest of us here? Your posts are very difficult to read, and I know you probably are not a native English-speaker, but there are a good number of non-native English speakers here, and they (other than you) don't write in such a cryptic style, and their posts are actually very understandable.
I’m pretty sure we’ve asked him this before.
xxx, why do you split your texts into such short lines? Is it because of your browser? My posts used to suffer that way when I used a TV screen for writing posts, and it didn't have any way I knew of for entering multi-line paragraphs that would rejustify automatically. They looked ugly and were hard to read when viewed on a normal screen.

Now, when writing in an 80-column format, such as a plain text file, I do try to keep phrases together because I have read that that makes texts easier to understand, but I don't believe that works for very short lines. On the other hand, text composed of lines that have to be scrolled is also practically unreadable.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Richard W wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:35 am
bradrn wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:47 am
Travis B. wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:36 am xxx: On another note, can you write, well, like the rest of us here? Your posts are very difficult to read, and I know you probably are not a native English-speaker, but there are a good number of non-native English speakers here, and they (other than you) don't write in such a cryptic style, and their posts are actually very understandable.
I’m pretty sure we’ve asked him this before.
xxx, why do you split your texts into such short lines? Is it because of your browser? My posts used to suffer that way when I used a TV screen for writing posts, and it didn't have any way I knew of for entering multi-line paragraphs that would rejustify automatically. They looked ugly and were hard to read when viewed on a normal screen.

Now, when writing in an 80-column format, such as a plain text file, I do try to keep phrases together because I have read that that makes texts easier to understand, but I don't believe that works for very short lines. On the other hand, text composed of lines that have to be scrolled is also practically unreadable.
I suspect xxx thinks it's artistic or deeply meaningful or erudite or something.
xxx

Post by xxx »

thank you for allowing me to use this little mystery
as a starting point for posing as an organizer...
the content is constrained by the form,
which in turn, when changed, modifies the content,
that's precisely the main pleasure of conlanging...
masako

Post by masako »

Raphael wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:37 amI suspect xxx thinks it's artistic or deeply meaningful or erudite or something.
Yeah...it ain't though.
xxx

Post by xxx »

I have a tendency,
to do things for myself,
without any specific motives,
and then let them drift,
and repeat them,
to see where they take me...
Zju

Post by Zju »

masako wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:38 am
Raphael wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:37 amI suspect xxx thinks it's artistic or deeply meaningful or erudite or something.
Yeah...it ain't though.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. I tend to just skip xxx's posts if I can't read them smoothly from the get-go. I don't feel like deciphering meanings and intentions from what I assume is poetry of sorts.
/j/ <j>

Ɂaləɂahina asəkipaɂə ileku omkiroro salka.
Loɂ ɂerleku asəɂulŋusikraɂə seləɂahina əɂətlahɂun əiŋɂiɂŋa.
Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ.
xxx

Post by xxx »

sorry to hear that,
but it's the right choice,
there is certainly a lot of scoria in my words,
not only because of my bad English,
as in deductive conlang,
I advance by enigma,
and for poetry, well very odd then....