Happy things thread!

Topics that can go away
Ryusenshi

Re: Happy things thread!

Post by Ryusenshi »

After months in dire straits, I have finally received a serious job offer.
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

Ryusenshi wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:48 am After months in dire straits, I have finally received a serious job offer.
Great!
Yaaludinuya siima d'at yiseka ha wohadetafa gaare.
Ennadinut'a gaare d'ate ha eetatadi siiman.
T'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa.
alice

Post by alice »

Ryusenshi wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:48 am After months in dire straits, I have finally received a serious job offer.
I thought they'd split up. Oh, I see; that's great news! Now, if *I* could only get one...
Self-referential signatures are for people too boring to come up with more interesting alternatives.
Torco

Post by Torco »

alice wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:08 pm
I thought they'd split up. Oh, I see; that's great news! Now, if *I* could only get one...
would you prefer withers or a knopfler ?
KathTheDragon

Post by KathTheDragon »

I beat the Path of Pain in Hollow Knight after 5 and a half hours (broken up by a nap).
Linguoboy

Post by Linguoboy »

My flatmate ran to Walgreens for some medicine before the huge winter storm hits and decided to grab some fast food on the way back. I was making myself a quesadilla and told him to get me some fries, but after I'd finished eating, I was like, "I wish I'd asked for a sandwich too because that lunch wasn't as filling as I hoped." When he got home, he handed me my fries and then he handed me a box of mozzarella sticks "because I figured you'd still be hungry". Now I am full of carbs, grease, and ranch dressing.
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

Linguoboy wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:37 pm My flatmate ran to Walgreens for some medicine before the huge winter storm hits and decided to grab some fast food on the way back. I was making myself a quesadilla and told him to get me some fries, but after I'd finished eating, I was like, "I wish I'd asked for a sandwich too because that lunch wasn't as filling as I hoped." When he got home, he handed me my fries and then he handed me a box of mozzarella sticks "because I figured you'd still be hungry". Now I am full of carbs, grease, and ranch dressing.
Those sound good - now I want them too.
Gryphonic

Post by Gryphonic »

I discovered this forum!
I've been making conlangs of varying sizes for years, but mainly as an amateur hobby, for use in fictional settings. It did not occur to me to look for a community of people that did the same, and developed them to the degree I see here. I look forward to learning and meeting other conlangers/conworlders. Hello!
Rounin Ryuuji

Post by Rounin Ryuuji »

Gryphonic wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:38 pm I discovered this forum!
I've been making conlangs of varying sizes for years, but mainly as an amateur hobby, for use in fictional settings. It did not occur to me to look for a community of people that did the same, and developed them to the degree I see here. I look forward to learning and meeting other conlangers/conworlders. Hello!
Welcome!

I believe the custom is to offer you pickles and tea.

No, I don't have any idea why.
Gryphonic

Post by Gryphonic »

Rounin Ryuuji wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:48 pm
Welcome!

I believe the custom is to offer you pickles and tea.

No, I don't have any idea why.
That is far more understandable than being offered squirrel cookies by a Mead Moose, as is the custom in another part of the internet I frequent.
I suppose the other happy thing is that tomorrow is my first shift that begins at 6 am instead of 4 am.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

Gryphonic wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:38 pm I discovered this forum!
Hello and welcome!
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

Welcome to the board!
Rounin Ryuuji

Post by Rounin Ryuuji »

Also, a mildy happy thing — my first pickles-and-tea offering to a newcomer since appearing.
quinterbeck

Post by quinterbeck »

Gryphonic wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:53 pm That is far more understandable than being offered squirrel cookies by a Mead Moose, as is the custom in another part of the internet I frequent.
That is... delightful! Welcome!
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

Welcome!
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

I know that I talked about it on the tech thread, but I feel much happier now that I am no longer feeling stuck on what to do with zeptoforth. Simply getting one simple thing done is so much of a relief.
Vardelm

Post by Vardelm »

I have time to do NOTHING tonight!!!!

I've spent the last 3 nights searching for an article in my university business databases for use in my current class with no luck until about an hour ago. Now that I have that settled (and the company the report will be about), I can take some down time to de-frazzle me brain. Very needed right now.

Vanilla oolong tea + new PC + World of Warcraft = bliss for tonight.
Vardelm's Scratchpad Table of Contents (Dwarven, Devani, Jin, & Yokai)
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

I just had a very refreshing and weighty conversation with an old friend.
Linguoboy

Post by Linguoboy »

Woke this morning to the sound of the furnace repeatedly trying to kick in and failing, so I called my furnace guy and he was able to come within about two hours. It was a simple fix--a filthy sensor--but we both know it's past its recommended lifespan so he'll call back in a couple month to see about doing a full replacement. I've been budgeting for this for years, I've just never gotten around to making the call and this is the push I need to finally follow through.
Rounin Ryuuji

Post by Rounin Ryuuji »

Congratulations on budgeting and hopefully your shiny new (and further hopefully energy-efficient) furnace.