Kala updates etc.

Conworlds and conlangs
Travis B.

Re: Kala updates etc.

Post by Travis B. »

masako wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:03 pm An updated Moya document. Now with more serif!

Also, barring hurricanes, locusts, and earth-shattering seismic events, I should have the fully revised and updated grammar up by the end of the summer, or sooner.
That does raise the question of how would locusts prevent you from revising your grammar - lol.
Yaaludinuya siima d'at yiseka ha wohadetafa gaare.
Ennadinut'a gaare d'ate ha eetatadi siiman.
T'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa.
Vardelm

Post by Vardelm »

Travis B. wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:45 am That does raise the question of how would locusts prevent you from revising your grammar - lol.
I look forward to videos of you working on your conlangs during a locust swarm. :P

Also, always good to hear progress is being made on Kala.
Vardelm's Scratchpad Table of Contents (Dwarven, Devani, Jin, & Yokai)
masako

Post by masako »

Experimenting with a vertical version of Moya.
Vardelm

Post by Vardelm »

masako wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 am Experimenting with a vertical version of Moya.
Interesting. I can't tell if I like it more or not. The original, horizontal version feel more dynamic somehow, like there's more going on since there are separate symbols for the sounds/syllables. On the other hand, the new, vertical style looks more like a unique ideogram/character for each word. That's kind of cool. I can still tell (with a tiny bit of effort) how the symbols in the horizontal match up with the vertical. Would subsequent words be written below/vertically, or next to/horizontally?
masako

Post by masako »

I need volunteers. I would like some reviews of my Kala grammar before I publish it on my website. If you have a few hours to spare and would like to, please private message me.

I plan to publish by March, so any/all feedback would be needed before then. Thank you in advance.
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

masako wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:09 pm I need volunteers. I would like some reviews of my Kala grammar before I publish it on my website. If you have a few hours to spare and would like to, please private message me.

I plan to publish by March, so any/all feedback would be needed before then. Thank you in advance.
I’d be happy to review it. I tried to message you, but you seem to have disabled PM receipt.

Also, how long is the grammar?
Conlangs: Scratchpad | Texts | antilanguage
Software: See http://bradrn.com/projects.html
Other: Ergativity for Novices

(Why does phpBB not let me add >5 links here?)
masako

Post by masako »

I have fixed the PM situation. Thank you.
Moose-tache

Post by Moose-tache »

Got the document. I'm going through it pretty slowly, but I should have notes next month.
I did it. I made the world's worst book review blog.
masako

Post by masako »

Moose-tache wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:15 am Got the document. I'm going through it pretty slowly, but I should have notes next month.
nihaka!
Very nice!
masako

Post by masako »

Received my first feedback on my Kala grammar. Just as a note, I'll be taking them in, updating anything that needs it, so anyone who reviews the grammar should look for their respective input in the published version. Again, I appreciate anyone who has taken the time to review it.
masako

Post by masako »

I'm a man of my word: https://tinyurl.com/57ekvzzx (PDF)

I sent out about 20-25 links for beta readers, only got feedback from about 5 people, so I'm gonna keep revising and updating as time goes, but this is it, for now.
Vardelm

Post by Vardelm »

masako wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:51 pm I'm a man of my word: https://tinyurl.com/57ekvzzx (PDF)

I sent out about 20-25 links for beta readers, only got feedback from about 5 people, so I'm gonna keep revising and updating as time goes, but this is it, for now.
Looking good. I checked against the list I sent and everything I found reads better IMO. There was a few things I couldn't find, so at some point here I'd like to just take a fresh read and see if anything pops out at me.

---

For anyone who hasn't read this yet, do yourself a favor and DO IT! Kala is a really, really nice bit of conlanging.
Moose-tache

Post by Moose-tache »

Nice. I like this grammar. Maybe Kala should be part of the upcoming translation relay!
I did it. I made the world's worst book review blog.
masako

Post by masako »

Thank you both very much. I appreciate the support and the feedback.
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

masako wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:51 pm I sent out about 20-25 links for beta readers, only got feedback from about 5 people, so I'm gonna keep revising and updating as time goes, but this is it, for now.
Yeah, sorry about that. The grammar got lost in my 500+ tabs, and I just forgot. But I still mean to read through the updated grammar if I get time.
Conlangs: Scratchpad | Texts | antilanguage
Software: See http://bradrn.com/projects.html
Other: Ergativity for Novices

(Why does phpBB not let me add >5 links here?)
masako

Post by masako »

No worries. I expected to get high interest, low return. Comes with the territory.
masako

Post by masako »

PDF on google drive

Was tweaking the formatting and presentation and wanted to give everyone a sneak peek of what is in the works. Feel free to provide feedback if you find anything worth commenting on. Thank you.
masako

Post by masako »

Trying to sort my glyphs to avoid duplicates. How would you sort the above glyph as it contains both A and B components?
Rounin Ryuuji

Post by Rounin Ryuuji »

masako wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:06 pm Image

Trying to sort my glyphs to avoid duplicates. How would you sort the above glyph as it contains both A and B components?
In which direction is the language written?
masako

Post by masako »

It can be vertical, top to bottom, or horizontal, left to right.