The Search Function

Conworlds and conlangs
Pedant

The Search Function

Post by Pedant »

A post for requests for information, and (hopefully) answers in the form of books, articles, documentaries, and the like. Please, I do beg of you all, feel free to post your own questions--and feel equally free (if not more so) to post answers, or even just interesting con-worlding sources.
My actual question is, does anyone know of any decent sources for furniture world-wide?
My name means either "person who trumpets minor points of learning" or "maker of words." That fact that it means the latter in Sindarin is a demonstration of the former. Beware.
Spell Merchant | Patreon
vegfarandi

Re: The Search Function

Post by vegfarandi »

A little confused what you're after. Are you looking for information on the study of furniture across different cultures?
Duriac Threadhe/him
Pedant

Post by Pedant »

vegfarandi wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:41 pm A little confused what you're after. Are you looking for information on the study of furniture across different cultures?
You have hit the nail on its proverbial head!
My name means either "person who trumpets minor points of learning" or "maker of words." That fact that it means the latter in Sindarin is a demonstration of the former. Beware.
Spell Merchant | Patreon
vegfarandi

Post by vegfarandi »

I haven't
Pedant wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:47 pm
vegfarandi wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:41 pm A little confused what you're after. Are you looking for information on the study of furniture across different cultures?
You have hit the nail on its proverbial head!
I haven't seen such literature although that sounds super interesting. It sounds like something at the intersection of art and design history and anthropology but I've never heard of that study field specifcally. I've read quite a lot about non-western furniture on its own, such as Japanese furniture and Ghanaian furniture. That kind of literature might at least inspire you to think of all the ways furniture could be different from what we're used to if this is for conworlding purposes.
Duriac Threadhe/him