Language Telephone - TEAM 1 RESULTS AND TEAM 2 RESULTS!

Topics that can go away
Kuchigakatai

Re: Language Telephone

Post by Kuchigakatai »

Well, I ended up finishing it even later than that, but it's done. I was put off by how the text was a bit non-sensical already... I probably shouldn't participate in telephone games to be put off by what I know always happens.
Vijay

Post by Vijay »

Wow, we're almost at the end of our chain! Thanks, Ser! :D

Once again, I'm wondering how bad my Turkish translation must have screwed everything up. :lol:

EDIT: Then again, even the original English doesn't make that much sense. Last time also, the initial text was not all that easy to understand even in English.
Moose-tache

Post by Moose-tache »

OK, I'll start contacting the people who have volunteered to do the last link. If you haven't volunteered previously, feel free to do so now.
I did it. I made the world's worst book review blog.
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

Woof am I rusty with Latin. This challenge is going to shame me into practicing Latin again.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť
Yiuel Raumbesrairc

Post by Yiuel Raumbesrairc »

Moose-tache wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:17 am OK, I'll start contacting the people who have volunteered to do the last link. If you haven't volunteered previously, feel free to do so now.
Gimme it.
Ez amnar o amnar e cauč.
Vijay

Post by Vijay »

Has anybody else volunteered to do that besides Nerulent and Yiuel Raumbesrairc? (Not counting my earlier proposal of switching Nerulent over to our team and making me do a final translation for Team 1 as a different option, I guess).
Ryusenshi

Post by Ryusenshi »

OK, Latin translation finally done, and sent to Moose-tache and finlay.

I'm really, really sorry for the delay... I hope you understand that my degree took priority. Doing both at the same time was, to quote Ralph Wiggum, unpossible.
mèþru wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:11 am Woof am I rusty with Latin. This challenge is going to shame me into practicing Latin again.
Word.

Additionally, I have very little practice translating into Latin: since it's a dead language, in class, we only translated from it. All the dictionaries I've seen or had are Latin-to-French (or to English or whatever), never French-to-Latin.
Nerulent

Post by Nerulent »

Ryusenshi wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:50 am I'm really, really sorry for the delay... I hope you understand that my degree took priority.
Bit selfish to prioritise a vital part of your education and life over an internet game imo.... Just kidding, no need for an apology!
Vijay

Post by Vijay »

Yeah, I was gonna be like "no! Some silly forum game we play for fun is way more important than your future/career/life!" :lol:
finlay

Post by finlay »

i'm seeing carly rae jepsen tonight so i won't have a chance to look at it properly until tomorrow..
Vijay

Post by Vijay »

Have a good time! :)
finlay

Post by finlay »

I suppose I should say thanks. But not to bring the tone of this thread down but my dad unexpectedly passed away on the afternoon when i was due to go to the concert - so i ended up ditching it.

Normally i'd bow out of the game at this point but it turned out to be a useful distraction while i was on my flight coming home. Just pm'd the completed version to moose. notwithstanding some spelling and grammar errors in the version i received - i just made my best guess.

still getting email notifs for this thread so i'll keep checking in now and then when i have a moment
Vijay

Post by Vijay »

Oh, I'm so sorry. :(
Nerulent

Post by Nerulent »

I'm so sorry to hear that, that's awful! I wish you plenty of love and support.
Ryusenshi

Post by Ryusenshi »

Sorry to hear that... I can only offer my sincere sympathy. I recently lost my grandfather, but it was hardly unexpected: he had terminal-stage Alzheimer and a lung infection.

Also, sorry for the grammar errors in the Latin text: as I said, my Latin is too rusty. (I'm more surprised about spelling mistakes: generally I'm a pretty good speller...)
finlay

Post by finlay »

I couldn't find "cognivit" - assumed it was the same as "cognovit"
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

That really sucks - I'm sorry.
Yaaludinuya siima d'at yiseka ha wohadetafa gaare.
Ennadinut'a gaare d'ate ha eetatadi siiman.
T'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa.
Moose-tache

Post by Moose-tache »

So sorry for your loss, Finlay. I'm glad we could distract you with our silly little game.
We're on the home stretch, by the way. Watch this space for updates, because we will probably have our final results before too long.
I did it. I made the world's worst book review blog.
finlay

Post by finlay »

Thanks guys.
Vijay

Post by Vijay »

Moose-tache, could you update the first post since Yiuel Raumbesrairc is the next person in the chain after Finlay and Finlay's already done his translation? Thanks! :)