Venting thread

Topics that can go away
Man in Space

Re: Venting thread

Post by Man in Space »

Mine illnesses take from me my will to create. My mind constantly fires on all cylinders but the impetus to put pen to paper is in want.
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

Man in Space wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:38 pm Mine illnesses take from me my will to create. My mind constantly fires on all cylinders but the impetus to put pen to paper is in want.
I've found that I've become infinitely more productive once I found meds that worked, even if my head itself is a bit slower at times.
Yaaludinuya siima d'at yiseka ha wohadetafa gaare.
Ennadinut'a gaare d'ate ha eetatadi siiman.
T'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa.
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

Travis B. wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:01 pm
Man in Space wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:38 pm Mine illnesses take from me my will to create. My mind constantly fires on all cylinders but the impetus to put pen to paper is in want.
I've found that I've become infinitely more productive once I found meds that worked, even if my head itself is a bit slower at times.
I’m on 200mg of Seroquel currently. Tried 300 but it left me an idle and soulless automaton. The Seroquel is the best thing that ever happened to me from a health standpoint. I am…much less volatile…and I am loath to go back to the drawing board because that means I have to have a washout period. I never want to feel that way again.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

MacAnDàil wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:39 am Thursday was the worst air pollution I have ever dealt with when I was in Paris. Hopefully, people will suddenly eventually motivated to do something about the climate crisis.
Air quality has improved somewhat over the last two decades. It's frankly terrible, but less so than it used to be.

Unfortunately, well, summers can be suffocating and that is getting worse. The city is very densely built, and more generally built with a colder climate in mind, so heat waves are pretty hard -- and we're getting more of these.
Man in Space wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:16 pm I’m on 200mg of Seroquel currently. Tried 300 but it left me an idle and soulless automaton. The Seroquel is the best thing that ever happened to me from a health standpoint. I am…much less volatile…and I am loath to go back to the drawing board because that means I have to have a washout period. I never want to feel that way again.
Hope this all stabilizes soon. I'm happy to learn things have improved a little anyway.
MacAnDàil

Post by MacAnDàil »

Ares Land wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:21 am
MacAnDàil wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:39 am Thursday was the worst air pollution I have ever dealt with when I was in Paris. Hopefully, people will suddenly eventually motivated to do something about the climate crisis.
Air quality has improved somewhat over the last two decades. It's frankly terrible, but less so than it used to be.

Unfortunately, well, summers can be suffocating and that is getting worse. The city is very densely built, and more generally built with a colder climate in mind, so heat waves are pretty hard -- and we're getting more of these.
The increase in heatwaves was said when I was in Nantes too. I was there recently also and it was much more planted (with a hundred or so parks and gardens) than in Marne-la-vallée.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

MacAnDàil wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:01 amI was there recently also and it was much more planted (with a hundred or so parks and gardens) than in Marne-la-vallée.
That is, of course, good for the local environment; but if the whole world is getting warmer, an individual place will still get increased heat waves even if it takes good care of its local environment.
MacAnDàil

Post by MacAnDàil »

Raphael wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:06 am
MacAnDàil wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:01 amI was there recently also and it was much more planted (with a hundred or so parks and gardens) than in Marne-la-vallée.
That is, of course, good for the local environment; but if the whole world is getting warmer, an individual place will still get increased heat waves even if it takes good care of its local environment.
Indeed, which is why we should all put our effort in individual and collective actions.
MacAnDàil

Post by MacAnDàil »

Travis B. wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:55 am
WeepingElf wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:35 am When I got frustrated with Facebook a few years ago (after about 10 days trying), I considered deleting my account, but I decided only to deactivate it. Since then, I have reactivated it, but don't use it much. Basically, I use Facebook as a bulletin board service that offers groups for a wide variety of interests. It sucks at that, but for some subjects I wish to discuss with other people, I haven't found anything better yet, so I grudgingly use Facebook.
I used to have a Facebook account but not use it just to "reserve" it for myself. However, in recent years I've found a number of groups I have been interested in, and have ended up actually using Facebook as a result - not really in the way that Zuck probably wants me to use Facebook, but, as you say, as a bulletin board service.
Using FB the way Zuck intends is probably the worst way to use it because, as Cal Newport says in Digital Minimalism, it's least effective and the biggest blockage to having the status even slightly close to that of Zuck. Much better is to figure a use for it that helps you do what you want and use it just for that objective, as you and WeepingElf have done.
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

I am having an episode. I called Nadine, Nadine called Dawn, they’re upping my dose and switching me to the extended release.

I saw what I was truly capable of this morning. The curtain fell for a moment…but that moment struck fear into me.

If God cursed Cain, what then am I
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Best wishes.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

In more trivial news, a Germany-based online store with which I've only done business in German so far just sent me spam (OK, I guess technically it doesn't count as spam, since I grudgingly signed up for their mailing list just in case I might some day want to use one of the special offers connected to it) in Italian for some reason. I've never given them any reason to believe that I even know Italian.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

As part of reorganizing my emails, I just deleted a lot of really old emails of mine - some of them more than ten or even almost twenty years old. And, well, simply seeing the subject lines for some of those old mails made me think back to the mid-2000s, and to how mostly well things seemed to be going for me back then, and how optimistic I was about the future, and how it then all fell apart later in the decade. Sigh.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Too Much Information behind the fold:
More: show
The high temperatures and the general sweatiness caused by them make my ass hurt quite a lot. No matter whether I sit, stand, or walk, but especially when I switch from one of those activities to one of the others.
WeepingElf

Post by WeepingElf »

Raphael wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:46 pm As part of reorganizing my emails, I just deleted a lot of really old emails of mine - some of them more than ten or even almost twenty years old. And, well, simply seeing the subject lines for some of those old mails made me think back to the mid-2000s, and to how mostly well things seemed to be going for me back then, and how optimistic I was about the future, and how it then all fell apart later in the decade. Sigh.
With me, it was the other way round: Things went badly in the early to mid 2000s, but went rather well from the late 2000s to today, the COVID-19 pandemic years excepted, of course.
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
My conlang pages
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

WeepingElf wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:46 pmbut went rather well from the late 2000s to today, the COVID-19 pandemic years excepted, of course.
I'm glad to hear that.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Over the course of the last few hours, I found out a few things about current German laws that I would never have expected, and that have left me both devastated and angry.
malloc

Post by malloc »

Raphael wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:19 amOver the course of the last few hours, I found out a few things about current German laws that I would never have expected, and that have left me both devastated and angry.
Like what?
Mureta ikan topaasenni.
Koomát terratomít juneeratu!
Anti-TESCREAL Action | He/him
Ahzoh

Post by Ahzoh »

It seems to deer that our car hit a few weeks ago continues to haunt us from beyond the grave weeks later. We have troubles buying a new car. Our rental car's AC broke yesterday and we couldn't switch out the car. Now today our couch, a motorized reclining couch, won't unextend. It stubbornly stays in the stretched out position and won't fold back in. The button seems to have broken, because the lumbar and headrest buttons work and the usb port is lit up, just the legrest button won't work anymore.
Attachments
20230711_163613.jpg
20230711_163613.jpg (23.83 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ahzoh: Good Luck!

malloc wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:19 pm
Raphael wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:19 amOver the course of the last few hours, I found out a few things about current German laws that I would never have expected, and that have left me both devastated and angry.
Like what?
See my most recent post in the German politics thread, and additionally another post I plan to write in the thread about my own blog posts.
hwhatting

Post by hwhatting »

Ahzoh wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:18 pm It seems to deer that our car hit a few weeks ago continues to haunt us from beyond the grave weeks later.
Maybe it's the Terrible Elk God...
(and sorry, I don't want to make fun of your problems; just reading your post and that cartoon on the same day, I felt that I can't let that coincidence pass unmentioned. I hope that all those problems will sort themselves out in your favour!)