The "Raphael posts links to his latest blog posts"-thread

Topics that can go away
Raphael

Re: The "Raphael posts links to his latest blog posts"-thread

Post by Raphael »

Torco wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:58 pm german laws never cease to amaze me.
I think with this particular combination of laws, the point was to try to rain in Big Tech a bit. Require that corporations that run online stores have to make it easy for people to contact or sue them. And for a big corporation, it shouldn't be that difficult to rent some additional office space with an address, and hire some more people to work phones.

Problem is, once the laws were on the books, the courts and other authorities started to apply them to everyone doing anything even remotely commercial online. Even people who don't start out with a work address, and who clearly don't have the money to rent an office or hire an assistant.

So now the situation is that the law in its majesty requires both the rich and the poor to provide email addresses, postal addresses, and phone numbers on their websites.
please don't respond if this would remotely endanger you, but is it really illegal to say, you know, beggining by a stream and up until the big amount of water?
Huh? I'm afraid I don't understand your question at all.
Torco

Post by Torco »

i mean from the river to the sea
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Torco wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:38 am i mean from the river to the sea
I think chanting it at a protest might, by now, mean that you won't get permits for other protests. That was, however, the end result of a long time in which there were many protests at which that was one of the slogans chanted, and during which some people became more and more insistent that "something should be done" about that.

For the record, I don't think (though I am not a lawyer) it's illegal to talk about statements that, on their own, may or may not be illegal.
Torco

Post by Torco »

Aaaah... right. I get it. shit, the anti-israel movement is plagued by the cancer of nazis. regrettable, but probably unavoidable.