Venting thread

Topics that can go away
Ares Land

Re: Venting thread

Post by Ares Land »

malloc wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:50 pm Finally got some news today about my workplace getting hacked and apparently the hackers were some group known as the Black Basta syndicate. The workplace is making progress on fixing things, but the damage is extraordinary. Several weeks without operation will leave the factory unable to fulfill many orders and destroy its profit margins. Furthermore important trade secrets have been leaked that will leave the factory far less competitive. The future looks pretty bleak for my workplace and thus for me.
That's awful. I hope things work out.
Ahzoh wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:45 am My mum got laid off again. Seems cursed to always get fired over bs that's not her fault or can't fix.
Sorry to hear that too.
xxx

Post by xxx »

rotting bones wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:55 am My roommate says the right side of my face is inflamed. I should go to the hospital. But the last time I did, they lost my insurance information and sent me 4 bills that added up to over $4k for a single routine checkup in which they didn't find anything. I don't know if it's safe to have another medical visit while that fuckup is still being resolved.
malloc wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:50 pm Finally got some news today about my workplace getting hacked and apparently the hackers were some group known as the Black Basta syndicate. The workplace is making progress on fixing things, but the damage is extraordinary. Several weeks without operation will leave the factory unable to fulfill many orders and destroy its profit margins. Furthermore important trade secrets have been leaked that will leave the factory far less competitive. The future looks pretty bleak for my workplace and thus for me.
Ahzoh wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:45 am My mum got laid off again. Seems cursed to always get fired over bs that's not her fault or can't fix.
with the dematerialization of the economy, we're living in great times...
Ahzoh

Post by Ahzoh »

My mum's unemployment situation is more dire than I thought.

She can only be in US if she has a job, due to the visa. She is unlikely to find a job in 2 months. Might not even be able to find a job in her industry because so many jobs have laid her off over the 10 or so years, which would lead people to thinking she's cursed/unemployable.

But, we may be homeless in 1 or 2 months.

It's dire enough we might have to give away our cat. Our cat we've had for 12 years, since she was a small kitten only a two or three months old.

Cat can't live with me either, I don't have a job or a home either.

Not sure any family can have her stay. Aunt has dogs. My grandma has a dog and a small apartment. My dad lives with a friend, who also has a dog. My grandpa is all the way in BC (and we are in Tennessee and rest of our family is in Ontario).

I can't stop thinking about my cat. That this may be my last months with her. I feel as I would feel if she were dying.

I live for that cat. One of a kind cat and one of the few things that brings me joy and comfort in this shitty world. And she loves us and doesn't know anyone but us.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

Man, that's terrible. Not much I can do or say but I hope this all works out somehow.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ares Land wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:24 am Man, that's terrible. Not much I can do or say but I hope this all works out somehow.
Seconded.
xxx

Post by xxx »

I hope so too...
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

That really sucks.
Yaaludinuya siima d'at yiseka ha wohadetafa gaare.
Ennadinut'a gaare d'ate ha eetatadi siiman.
T'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa.