'Cizin' da 'to

Conworlds and conlangs
alice

'Cizin' da 'to

Post by alice »

Much of the criticism of Esperanto is aimed at its unsuitability as an IAL, for which the criterions are rather stricter than for an ordinary conlang. In your opinions, how does it fare when considered just as a conlang, with no intended uses otherwise?
Self-referential signatures are for people too boring to come up with more interesting alternatives.
mèþru

Re: 'Cizin' da 'to

Post by mèþru »

I prefer something way more naturalistic; a lot of the grammar looks too regular and without enough regularly occurring complications
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť
Salmoneus

Post by Salmoneus »

It looks like an auxlang. If it's not intended to be an auxlang, that's perhaps something the creator might like to reconsider.
Imralu

Post by Imralu »

WTF does the subject of this thread mean?
Glossing Abbreviations: COMP = comparative, C = complementiser, ACS / ICS = accessible / inaccessible, GDV = gerundive, SPEC / NSPC = (non-)specific, A/ₐ = agent, E/ₑ = entity (person or thing)
________
MY MUSIC | MY PLANTS | ILIAQU
Frislander

Post by Frislander »

The writing system is a bit shit imho. I kinda get what the creator's trying to get at with the morphology, but it's just a little to rigid and non-naturalistic, and the verbal morphology just seems like an attempt to create a regular agglutinative version of a typical European system without actually truly understanding how such systems function, and leaving massive unexplained gaps in the process.
Imralu wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:49 am WTF does the subject of this thread mean?
Alice has caught the Bob bug it seems.
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

Also the consonant diacritics are not consistent and non-intuitive
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť