Need help

Conworlds and conlangs
sparky49

Need help

Post by sparky49 »

Hi! My name is Jim. I was advised by Mark Rosenfeld to post to this board.

I have developed a new social networking application. One feature of the system is it can support conlangs. By support I mean: 1) define the language using unicode characters or pure images, 2)send/receive messages in conlang format, 3)transliterate to other conlangs or natural languages, 4) "speak" the message in conlang tongue, and 5) present the message in any two-dimensional, custom format.

I need some folks to review the system and provide feedback. I have a demo, with instructions, available to anyone (it's all point and click). It will take 5 or 10 minutes of your time, at most. If interested, please email me direct at nashtrash48@yahoo.com. I think my app could be a real contribution to conlang enthusiasts everywhere, then again, I could be dead wrong. You are the experts. I value and need your opinion the most.

Thanks,
Jim
mèþru

Re: Need help

Post by mèþru »

Can it be a website? I don't like using mobile devices.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

That does sound intriguing! Small request: could you post some screenshots? I feel your description is a bit vague, so having a few screenshots might help to illustrate the aims of the app and/or provoke more interest.
Conlangs: Scratchpad | Texts | antilanguage
Software: See http://bradrn.com/projects.html
Other: Ergativity for Novices

(Why does phpBB not let me add >5 links here?)
sparky49

Post by sparky49 »

It is a website. All you need is a browser. Also tested ok on iOS, but not yet tested for Android. I will post a screenshot soon.Jim
sparky49

Re: Need help: can't post screenshots

Post by sparky49 »

I tried but was unable to attach a PDF of screen shots. From the FAQ's it seems I need admin approval to do that. How do I get that approval?
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

Upload the images somewhere else and link to them from here.
Yaaludinuya siima d'at yiseka ha wohadetafa gaare.
Ennadinut'a gaare d'ate ha eetatadi siiman.
T'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa t'awraa.
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

I tested it in languages I know (French, Hebrew and Latin). The Latin is completely off, both syntactically and semantically. The rest looked good, except that your profile is viewable along with private info within it.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

Oh, and there's no Dothraki sound file when translating to Dothraki, only from Dothraki
kårroť